Thursday, August 2, 2007

Urban adventures


I'm blogging on the Boomer Babes blog today about my urban adventures with our family this summer--rather than take a vacation, we visited Chicago numerous times.

Most recently, we were there for Venetian night, a free parade of decorated boats through Burnham Harbor, which draws about a half million spectators to Chicago's gorgeous lakefront. As we sat on the lakefront near the Shedd Aquarium that night, the moon rose, reddish in the evening sky. You can see the moon and the Shedd in the background of this photo of Scot and I. It was a night of family, friends and fun that we'll remember a long time.

Click on over to my post to see photos and read about other adventures we've enjoyed this summer--without having to travel more than an hour from our home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keri, your post made me homesick for Chicago. My husband grew up there and I lived there for 25 years. I loved Venetian Night and being by the lakefront. Hope you're enjoying your summer off.

Blessings to you & yours!
Carla Golden

Keri Wyatt Kent said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Carla. Don't know how long it's been since you've been in chicago but the downtown is absolutely gorgeous these days.
also, I'm taking the summer off from speaking but working quite a bit on writing projects.
Peace,
Keri