Monday, March 24, 2008

He is risen indeed!



Hope everyone had a glorious Easter. We had a wonderful and meaningful Holy Week.

I'm reading a manuscript for a book on the church calendar, (it's not yet been released). Reading this lovely book by Kimberly Conway Ireton, I learned that Easter is not just a day, but a season in the liturgical year. It begins Easter Sunday and continues for fifty days (until Pentecost). Fifty days to remember and celebrate the resurrection, and the new life that it brings us.

What can you do over the next fifty days to celebrate and remember the Risen Lord?

1 comment:

Dianne said...

The idea of a church calendar is relatively new to me, actually just in the last year. But it's been a wonderful experience, learning to live into it as my church does so. I just finished reading Girl Meets God, by Lauren Winner, as well as her second book, Mudhouse Sabbath. Both fed my interest in learning to understand the traditional holidays more as seasons that make up the year. Good stuff!